Perfect Sphere Cocktail: Sherry Martini Variation With Nordic Twist
In 1957, the visionary Danish architect Jørn Utzon was a relative unknown until he won the honor of designing the iconic Sydney Opera House. Two nations intertwine in our twist on the classic dry martini.
Utzon’s origin are represented in two of the cocktail’s main ingredients. The Danish Snaps Bornholm No.2 showcases some of Denmark’s finest ingredients including sea buckthorn, dill and cucumber, often found in popular Nordic cocktails. And Geranium Gin has a gentle mix of juniper and floral nuances both on the nose and palate. The Aussie touch is provided by Marine Botanical Vodka, distilled using sustainable and foraged Australian ingredients that impart umami flavors into this cocktail. Spanish Amontillado sherry is characterized by notes of nuttiness and also adds notes of umami to this cocktail.
Among the more creative Martini recipes we’ve made, this one is complex, elegant and aesthetically pleasing… just like Utzon’s masterpiece.
- 1/2 oz. Amontillado sherry
- 1 tbsp. Snaps Bornholm No. 2
- 1/2 oz. Geranium Gin
- 1 1/2 oz. Marine Botanical Vodka
How to Prepare:
- Place a mini gherkin onto a cocktail stick
- Chill a Nick & Nora glass and put to one side
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass and top with cubed ice
- Stir for 10-15 seconds
- Empty ice from Nick & Nora, strain and garnish