Around the World in 60 Cocktails: The Prospectors
In late Victorian Albany, the port near the southwestern tip of Australia was awash with wide-eyed prospectors rushing to unearth their fortunes in the burgeoning goldfields. The rich pickings of Down Under are celebrated in this crisp and zesty spritz.
Two Australian spirits bring to life this life and easy-to-produce twist on the classic Spritz. Named after the Gaelic word for orange, Oráiste (urrr-aw-is-tah) Orange Liqueur is a local full-bodied and deliciously smooth spirit that is bursting with orange flavor. Regal Rouge Lively White Vermouth is full of citrus and floral notes that marries native Australian aromatics with a full-bodied citrus wine.
- 1/2 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. Boiron pear puree
- 1 oz. Oráiste Orange Liqueur
- 1 oz. Regal Rouge Lively White vermouth
- 2 oz. Sparkling wine
- Orange slice, for garnish
How to Prepare:
- Collect a wine glass and add all the ingredients – except the sparkling wine.
- Fill with cubed ice
- Stir for 5 seconds and lengthen with sparkling wine
- Lightly churn to integrate all of the ingredients together and top with further ice – if required
- Carefully position the orange slice garnish