Around the World in 60 Cocktails: The Scream
Norwegian Expressionist painter Edvard Munch’s best-known work is The Scream. He was out walking at sunset, when he ‘heard the enormous, infinite scream of nature’ and was inspired to paint one of the art world’s most iconic images.
Munch’s masterpiece, in turn, inspired our signature sour-style cocktail. Its ingredients were chosen to represent the striking color palate of The Scream and celebrate Norwegian and Scandinavian ingredients.
Beetroot brings both its vibrant purple color and a sweet, rich and earthy flavor. Hailing from neighboring Denmark, Geranium Gin is a gentle mix of juniper and floral nuances both on the nose and palate. Scandinavians have had a deep-rooted love for licorice or lakrids. Snaps Bornholm have created a beautiful spirit that celebrates its distinctive, long-lasting flavor and is a central ingredient in our recipe. Skål!
- 2 bsp. Honey syrup
- 1/2 oz. Beetroot juice
- 1 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. Boiron pear puree
- 1 oz. Geranium Gin
- 1 oz. Snaps Bornholm No. 7 Lakrids licorice schnapps
- 1 oz. Fentimans Ginger Ale
How to Prepare:
- Prepare a dill sprig garnish
- Chill a coupe and put to one side
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker – except the ginger ale
- Top with cubed ice and shake for 10 seconds
- Discard ice from coupe and fine strain
- Top with Fentimans Ginger Ale
- Affix the dill garnish to the rim of the glass