Around the World in 60 Cocktails: Bronte
Less than an hour away from Catania and a handful of kilometers from mighty Mount Etna, the quaint Sicilian village of Bronte is home to the world’s most prized pistachio variety. There is something truly special about the pistachios grown in the foothills of Mount Etna; such is their quality that the “green gold” of Bronte has been granted government protection.
Bronte’s most famous export inspired both the name and content of this pistachio and grappa cocktail. A signature twist on the Brandy Alexander, it relies on local spirits for a uniquely Italian drink. Cocchi Americano is an atomized aperitif wine made with aromatic herbs and spice infusions while Nonino Grappa is a grappa brand obtained from the fresh and soft pomace of white and red grapes, imparting a crisp, fragrant flavor. Serravinci Pistacchino is a bright green and creamy pistachio liqueur that brings its distinctive nutty flavor to the forefront
The result is a rich, indulgent, luxurious serve for those with a sweet tooth. Â saluti!
- 3/4 oz. cream
- 3/4 oz. Cocchi Americano aperitif wine
- 3/4 oz. Nonino Grappa
- 3/4 oz. Serravinci Pistacchino liqueur
For spiced pistachio dust:
- 1 bsp. mixed spice powder
- 1 oz. brown sugar
- 1 oz. desiccated coconut
- 2 oz. pistachio kernels
How to Prepare:
- Prepare spiced pistachio dust garnish by blending ingredients
- Chill a coupe and put to one side
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, fill halfway with cubed ice and hard shake for 10 seconds.
- Discard ice from the coupe and fine strain
- Add the spiced pistachio on top of the cocktail