Around the World in 60 Cocktails: Damask & Dallah
Packed full of magic – and a little bit of mystery – at every turn, the Middle East is truly one of the world’s greatest travel destinations. History has a living, breathing presence here; it’s the birthplace of religion, it’s where the written word was first recorded and it’s where you’ll find genuine hospitality is around every corner.
Any traveller who has strolled the narrow, cobbled, streets of cities such as Jerusalem, Cairo or Muscat will remember the warmth with which they were greeted. Locals are unpretentiously open in this region, and you will soon find yourself sharing a meal or enjoying a coffee with a family of new found friends.
Although Omani coffee is far removed from your regular morning brew, it still packs a punch! The lightly roasted beans are ground with cardamom and served from a traditional ‘dallah’, alongside a glass of prized damask rose water and plump dates. Our Damask & Dallah cocktail infuses these time honored traditions with the classic Espresso Martini. Enjoy the delicate flavors as a nightcap after a thousand and one nights style feast, fit for a Sultan!
- 1 bsp. Date syrup
- ½ oz. Beetroot juice
- 1 oz. Fresh espresso
- ½ oz. Dolin Rouge
- 1 oz. Mr Black Cold Press Coffee Liqueur
For the Cardamom and Rose Mist:
- 1 part Droplets Green Cardamom
- 2 parts Rose water
How to Prepare:
- Prepare a rose bud garnish
- Chill a Nick & Nora glass and put to one side
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker
- Top with cubed ice & hard shake for 10 seconds
- Discard ice from Nick & Nora glass
- Fine strain
- Carefully place the rose bud on top of the cocktail
- Finish with a mist of cardamom & rose water