Around the World in 60 Cocktails: National Treasure
Picturesque beaches, palm-lined emerald lagoons, teeming coral reefs and lush tropical forests could all be considered national treasures in the Kingdom of Tonga. But it’s the familiar sounds that can be heard from morning until sunset of women beating out lengths of traditional tapa cloth – made from the bark of the mulberry tree – that inspired our twist on the classic Spritz.
At the heart of our recipe lies Boodles Mulberry Gin’s rich and complex flavors afforded by the delicate taste of mulberry combined with notes of raspberry and currant that complement the gin’s unique botanicals of rosemary, nutmeg and sage. Revered for its distinctive aromatics, Yuzu is a one of Japan’s favorite citrus, while Regal Rogue’s Wild Rosé Vermouth is packed with flavors like native Australian illawara plums, strawberry gum and roselle.
Elderflower tonic and Angostura bitters round up our colorful cocktail, a fitting tribute to the 169-island strong South Pacific kingdom.
- 1 bsp. Yuzu juice
- 1 oz Regal Rouge Wild Rosé Vermouth
- 1 oz. Mulberry Gin
- 1 oz Fentimans Elderflower Tonic
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
How to Prepare:
- Prepare a blackberry on a cocktail stick
- Collect a wine glass
- Add in all the ingredients – except Fentimans Elderflower Tonic and bitters
- Fill with cubed ice and stir for 5 seconds
- Top with Fentimans Elderflower Tonic & a dash of Angostura bitters
- Lightly churn to integrate all of the flavors