Around the World in 60 Cocktails: Roll with the Punches
Revered as the father of Muay Thai, Nai Khanom Tom was a Thai prisoner of war in Burma. A challenge was set by his captors, he stepped forth and dispatched ten of their prized fighters, earning a royal pardon and a timeless legacy!
A patchwork of beguiling beauty, hedonistic history and gorgeous gastronomy, if there’s one country where you must travel with taste, it’s Thailand. From perfectly perfumed Pad Thais to spicy curries, no other country on Earth is as universally loved for its cuisine. Add to that rolling rice fields, bountiful jungles and some of the finest coastline this planet has to offer, and you have a destination that would seduce even the most experienced of travelers.
So if you’re craving sunny shores and big, bold flavors, this aromatic, tropical, Daiquiri-style cocktail is sure to be a knockout!
- 5 pc. Fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 tsp. Monin vanilla
- 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez
- 1/2 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. Boiron passion fruit
- 1/2 oz. Chalong Bay rum
- 1 1/2 oz. Tanqueray gin
How to Prepare:
- Chill a coupe & put to one side
- Slap a handful of Thai basil leaves & add into a cocktail shaker with the remaining ingredients
- Fill with cubed ice & shake for 10 seconds
- Discard ice from coupe & fine strain
- Tap a Thai basil leaf & position on top.